The acronym ThreeC project stands for: Creating Competences for a Circular Economy. The project ThreeC aims at integrating the concept of the Circular Economy as an attractive new learning field in European school education. The “Circular Economy” refers to the concept of saving natural resources and to reuse and recycle them. It is a more profound approach than the solely technical (end-of pipe) concepts of waste management sector and focuses on the active participation and capacity building of citizens. It is an increasingly relevant, popular and attractive theme that is being boosted by major economic, ecological and political stakeolders worldwide . Young people need to acquire skills to be able to contribute to and work in a circular economy.
Objectives of the project and end products:
- To describe set of competences for circular economy content related and contextualised/practice-oriented linked to the reference systems (3 dimensions and 5 levels) of the LEVEL5 validation system.
- To develop a didactical approach with teaching and assessment strategies to enable teachers to teach their pupils skills in the context of a circular economy (general education).
- To create informal learning patterns for internships : a catalogue of situations and settings in which competences or competence dimensions can be developed.
- To set up an assessment and validation toolbox for these informal/non-formal learning situations: ThreeC-assesment tool.
- To create an interactive and holistic learning environment for internships with learning guidelines and links to the assessment environment.
- To provide learning resources for teachers and educational staff:
- Developing a MOOC (2 x 2 hours).
- Developing a Training module for teachers (blended learning).
- Developing a format of a KA1 Erasmus course.
- Creating a format on a boot camp programme for teachers and internships on circular economy (during the multiplier event).
- A proposal of a post-graduation or similar academic degree on competences for a circular economy degree with teachers as target group.